Author Topic: Attention FOAM carvers  (Read 15553 times)

Offline Rob James

Attention FOAM carvers
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »
May 9, 2015
 Puget Sound Decoy Contest (The Washington Brant Foundation)
Burlington, WA.
http://www.wabrant.org/decoy-carving-competition/

There are TWO foam divisions this year. The standard open clbooty that is basically free of any rules, and a new Gunning bird clbooty in which all rules of the gunning birds apply in hopes of leveling the field for beginning carvers and competitors. This is a GREAT opportunity for some of the new guys to get involved in competition w/o having to go up against some of the veteran foam carvers.
Mail ins are accepted and appreciated. PM Kurt Benson if you have any questions after visiting the website.
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Working Decoys Forum

Attention FOAM carvers
« on: March 27, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »

Offline joe brewer

Re: Attention FOAM carvers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:06:53 PM »
How does one go about making a foam bird?  Gary with his longtail has inspired me as well as your work

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:06:53 PM »

Offline benp

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:04:31 PM »
The foam tutorial section is a great place to get started.
I wish I could send one but don't have time to make birds now. New job school and family is my time right now
Benjamin Pendleton
NE NC

Andy H.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »
Yea Joe...the foam tutorial may be a good place to start :P :P :P

Offline joe brewer

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
well aren't we all so helpful................................ >:( >:( :'( :'(

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »

Offline Rob James

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:07:35 PM »
PM sent, Joe. You'll find my phone number there. Be more than happy to help any way I can
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Offline joe brewer

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »
Rob greatly appreciated I will be in contact!  It's nice to know someone cares :'(..........jk guys I will check the tutorial as well. Thanks again Rob!

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »
Dangit Joe....I just got rid of one foam friend.  He moved all the way into wood and cork.  Now you are going the other way.  ::)

Guess it'll work.  I need a certain quota of friends that are foam carvers or I'll be labeled a "hater".  Up to you a Rowe now bud ;D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Andy H.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 09:58:21 PM »
I can't believe Joe Brewer....The Westlake Champ....is asking for advice. You were on top of the carving world at one time ;D ;D ;D. Lol

Offline Tom Rowe

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »
Dangit Joe....I just got rid of one foam friend.  He moved all the way into wood and cork.  Now you are going the other way.  ::)

Guess it'll work.  I need a certain quota of friends that are foam carvers or I'll be labeled a "hater".  Up to you a Rowe now bud ;D

Joe, the next step is molding foam.  Prepare yourself for exile. Scott used to come to westlake/strongsville.  What more can I say?

Andy H.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 12:12:44 AM »

Tell me more Mr. James?..MORE!!!!!!

This is really exciting!!!!!

Offline joe brewer

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 01:23:56 AM »
Well unlike "some" or the way this place has been lately "most" I have an "open" mind when it comes to "carving" or to others "making" decoys.  I am only a "hack" no longer a "champ" so I figure I can "hack" a "foam decoy" just as well as I can "hack" a "wood" or "cork decoy".  Will it be "decor" or "fluffy"????  Maybe if I were a talented "carver" or "decoy" maker.  But I am only a weekend "hack" So with my "open" mind I will venture to "foam" and "oils".  I really hate when people put words into quotations constantly

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 08:19:07 AM »

Joe, the next step is molding foam.  Prepare yourself for exile. Scott used to come to westlake/strongsville.  What more can I say?

You know why I haven't been there peckerhead. :)   

I'll still talk to you Joe.   If I still hang out with Rowe and accept his phone calls that should tell you I'm too picky about the people I talk to. ;D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline joe brewer

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 09:48:15 AM »
Haha haha I know Scott you guys are awesome.  That's the thing about the carving community it's great!  A fun place to bust balls and even more fun when we all get together.  I just wish we could all get together more often.  I'm always nice to Rowe he's always packing heat!!!!!!! Lol

Offline Rob James

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »

I know it's been driving Ya nutz just waiting for the opportunity to break this dandy out. It'll probly drive Russell even more nutz that Ya beat him to it!