Author Topic: Instead of Stongsville show  (Read 12254 times)

Offline george williams

Re: Instead of Stongsville show
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »
So if you find them at home while cleaning, the whole thing changes? Personal use should not be a problem, considering they allow snagging..Seems to be a dichotomy here.  BUT, knowing the weird caca the f&w's do, it makes sense!
so many carvers, so few decoy makers

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »

Offline larry A

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »
The way I read the Reg. is that you can snag one to keep except on Monday and Fridays. You must stop fishing when you catch and tag one and you may take it home intact with the row in its membrane sack. You can not mix your fish or fish parts with anyone else's fish parts on the boat or on the way home.   ??? What a way to get fish roe to eat. You can not sell, transport out of state or offer the roe for sale period. ?????? WOW. But you can cook your own roe and eat it just so long as you don't cook or eat more than three pounds. ;)

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »

Offline tom modin

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
Missouri limit is two daily, any day of the week but only from March 15 to April 30.  It would be cool to learn to cure some caviar and give it a try. I have had it prior it was sturgeon and I actually enjoyed it
Decoy carving is not a point and click hobby

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 09:51:27 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of row but have had some fried that was really good.   Seen the row sacs on these girls and they are HUGE.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline larry A

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »
Tom, maybe you could cure them with your hot pickled egg juice ;). We like any fish roe sauteed in butter and mixed with scambled eggs.

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »

Offline tom modin

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 05:11:47 PM »
took my girls on a kids only day of snagging the day before Easter. They did not pull to snag the fish but got to reel in every fish and had a ball. My 10 year old daughter boated an 85lb fish. Much larger than any I have ever snagged

Decoy carving is not a point and click hobby

Offline RickC

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 05:36:07 PM »
Tom that's better than anything, can't put a price on times like that with the kids.
Blessings,
Rick