Author Topic: Word from Ohio  (Read 3902 times)

Offline tom modin

Word from Ohio
« on: March 14, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »
from multiple sources that have texted me today.

Two carvers at least injured themselves in the head whittling contest. One could not use a knife after the injury the second is currently in an ER due to his injury.
Decoy carving is not a point and click hobby

Working Decoys Forum

Word from Ohio
« on: March 14, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »

Offline larry A

Re: Word from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »
What! anybody from the forum?

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »

Offline RickC

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
Dang, hope they are ok in the long run

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Blessings,
Rick

Offline Phil Boyles

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »
Everyone is doing fine.  I will  let them tell their own stories.

Offline Vince Pagliaroli

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
Who won, Busick?

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »
One was just trying to one up the other guy form what I know  ;) :D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline larry A

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:49 AM »
I do hope they are going to be OK. Sorry about my first reaction. I have only seen one decoy head carving contest and it didn't seem frantic or rushed. I was surprized that there where two injured in this one contest. Are injuries something that usually happens during these contests?

Offline Phil Boyles

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 08:51:09 AM »
Scott Green won the contest.  Canvasback was the specie.

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 09:35:42 AM »
I do hope they are going to be OK. Sorry about my first reaction. I have only seen one decoy head carving contest and it didn't seem frantic or rushed. I was surprized that there where two injured in this one contest. Are injuries something that usually happens during these contests?

In the head whittling contest it's not uncommon at all Larry.  Generally just fingers getting cut.   One of these was particularly bad though...and not common.  Was just a fluke accident.  The guy is fine though and like Phil posted....I'm sure they'll come on here and tell the story.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline Vince Pagliaroli

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »
Congratulations to Scott. I can't recall ever watching a head carving contest where there was not blood shed with some stained heads to be judged. I tip my hat to all.

Offline larry A

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 10:23:46 AM »
Good going Scott!

Offline marty m.

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »
I feel bad because the one I just shook his hand and made a wise crack that he had nothing else better to do that day then cut a few fingers, about a hour before it started.
The day i hate waterfowl hunting will be the day I die.

Offline J.Russell

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 05:36:24 PM »
Yeah,well, some guys do get in a hurry and forget to not apply pressure when they should not. The result is a sliced finger and a knife to the inner thigh, knicking an artery. Cool how quick you can find out who works in the health care profession. Had a nurse helping me, using a state police medic bag, as a doctor walked in while Andy Hildreth was taking pictures of the bloody mess in the bathroom. It happens. Huge thanks to all those that helped. Great show. Good to see everybody again. Looking forward to next year. I will bring my own pint of blood next year.congrats to all that won.

Offline Tom Rowe

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
I have my doubts about this Russell family.  One cant drive a 4 wheeler.  One almost cuts his leg off, and one nearly looses his eye to an old to an oldsquaw tail.  Things must be a bit different down south? 

Andy H.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 10:45:01 AM »
I am the only person to witness two of these accidents?except Jasons boy?and I am the only one with photos of Jason with his pants down in the bathroom with blood pouring out. Is Jason famous enough for me to contact TMZ and sell them the photo or is this just a situation where I have to blackmail him? Or maybe since he gave me a decoy for driving him to the hospital I just delete it?.hmmmmm ;D ;D ;D