Author Topic: February Workbench  (Read 21303 times)

Offline Vince Pagliaroli

February Workbench
« on: February 05, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »
Canvasback decoy watercolor, 6" X 2 3/4"

Many of these paintings I send to friends that are going through difficult medical situations in their lives. Hopefully they can look at them and smile, when they have a tough procedure to get through.

Working Decoys Forum

February Workbench
« on: February 05, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »

Offline Dave Speer

Re: February Workbench
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »
Really cool painting, Vince!

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »
That's a great way to help folks in a difficult situation Vince.  That's a great thing to do on your part.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline marty m.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »
That's a great way to help folks in a difficult situation Vince.  That's a great thing to do on your part.
ditto
The day i hate waterfowl hunting will be the day I die.

Andy H.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:48:08 PM »
 Be careful Vince....Scott will be complaining next month that he has a difficult medical situation, but he feels that way each month...it's called PMS.

I love those paintings Vince....I know where u live and I know how to break into houses. Just leave one on the porch and everything will be great ;D ;D ;D ;D

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 09:48:08 PM »

Offline Robert C

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 06:44:40 AM »
My girlfriend wanted me to paint so I told her to puck something out and this is the final product.

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 06:58:03 AM »
Be careful Vince....Scott will be complaining next month that he has a difficult medical situation, but he feels that way each month...it's called PMS.

Luckily it only last 29 days.   I'm in a good mood the other 1 or 2 days  ;D ;D ;D

Socrates

Offline Jeffrey Nelson

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
Let introduce myself. I'm Jeff Nelson from Stuart, FL. I have been hanging in the shadows of this website, and carving for about 2 years. I've carved 45 decoys so far and learn something new every decoy. This web site has a ton of talented people, and I find inspiration to keep carving here daily.
This is my first attempt at carving a turkey. It took me a month to finish, and I still need to touch it  up. Lots of room for improvement in the carving and painting department, but after trying to paint and sand off 4 times.... I'm calling it good. White Cedar... Hollowed... oils....

Offline Scott Klecka

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 09:03:21 AM »
That is a cool looking bird.  Kind of has an "old school" look to it.
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Offline Vince Pagliaroli

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 11:01:23 AM »
Thanks fellas. I like to share my work, so ya really don't need a medical issue,(a Wood Duck hunt works just as well) but the wait may be a long one as deep winter is art/carvin' time. When I went to the Ohio show I would spend time painting small watercolors while my room 257 (like the Roberts) was open. When I was done with the painting I'd hand it to who ever was in the room and liked it, and start another. Beat the heck outta watchin' March Madness on the Boob Tube. :P

Andy - I lived over 60 years in the western PA rust belt, mostly in not very good neighborhoods/hoods... I'll be waitn' for ya to give a proper welcome. ;) have had lots of practice. ::) ;D Might be better to call first. :)

Mighty fine turkey decoy (that will work just fine), and Pintail painting. We are off to a good start of HEART Month.

Offline Dave Speer

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »
Robert, like your painting a lot.

Jeffrey, great turkey.  It does have an old school look to me, too.

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:31 PM »
That is a cool looking bird.  Kind of has an "old school" look to it.

I agree.  Very nice bird.

Socrates

Offline Jeffrey Nelson

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 07:36:33 AM »
Guys, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I've got another turkey cut out, but I'm going to carve a couple of ducks before I get in to it. I could have carved several ducks for the amount of time it took to carve and paint the turkey.  I hope it was worth it. Looking forward to finding out next month.

Offline tom modin

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »
What a fine turkey decoy. I have shot a pile of gobblers over decoys that look much worse.

Vince I stood in your room one day for ten minutes or so while you painted a mallard head in Ohio. It was inspiring to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decoy carving is not a point and click hobby

Andy H.

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 04:43:34 AM »
Hey Vince....why aren't you going to Ohio this year?

Jeff....love that decoy. You got some talent!