Author Topic: Going to Strongsville from the South  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Scott Klecka

Going to Strongsville from the South
« on: February 05, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
Does not look like I will be able to make it for at least the next 3 years unless the date changes on either the show or one of my daughters activities.  I am looking for someone heading up there from the south (Bama, Ga, Tn, Ms) that might be able to haul some wood back.  I would gladly pay some gas $. 
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Working Decoys Forum

Going to Strongsville from the South
« on: February 05, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »

Andy H.

Re: Going to Strongsville from the South
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 02:34:59 PM »
Sorry you can't go Scott?.would love to be able to finally meet you sometime. Maybe next time I am down fishing on your favorite lake we could at least meet up for lunch or something!!!

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline Scott Klecka

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
That sounds good, just let me know when you are here. 

I have to agree with my wife, "the kids will only be this age for a little while and the shows will be around a lot longer."  It really seems to be flying by these days.......... 
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »
You aren't missing anything as far as working decoys Scott.   Just got my Competition 2014 in the mail today and based on the pictures    it appears there were no pool birds at the show last year....only IWCA birds ;)   

Maybe my copy is missing some pages or something ::)

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline george williams

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »
hey y'all, we try to remind them it ends with a Y, not an R.
so many carvers, so few decoy makers

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »

Andy H.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 09:41:23 PM »
I talked with someone from the ODCCA earlier today and they are very disappointed in the lack of pool birds in the issue. They are looking into what happened and how it can be changed in the future. I didn't get my copy yet but I was told there was an ODCCA advertisement in the front of the magazine that has photos of the top three birds from the pool. Is that correct? If that is so, at least the top three birds are in there.

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 06:31:03 AM »
I didn't get my copy yet but I was told there was an ODCCA advertisement in the front of the magazine that has photos of the top three birds from the pool. Is that correct? If that is so, at least the top three birds are in there.

There is a picture of what I bootyume is the winning rig.....a far shot of birds in the pool....and a table with bluebills on it....some "Ain't Vintage Yet" birds....and Al Jordan's owl.    That's all that is in the advertisement...that I blew right by when I opened the magazine yesterday and never saw  :)   

Socrates

Offline Dwane O.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »
That's a good one George.
Makes a lot of sense don't it... take the only thriving/growing category at any show nationwide and ignore it?!

They should print an apology in next year's with a 2014 pictorial of all of the winners.
Downriver Cedar

Offline george williams

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »
Dwane, i just think frankly that the folks causing the omissions haven't a clue.
so many carvers, so few decoy makers

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 04:10:44 PM »
I have an opinion...but in the interest of keeping things historically civil on here I'll keep it to myself.   ;)

Socrates