Author Topic: Rappahannock  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Ronnie

Rappahannock
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:20:00 AM »
Good luck to all those competing  at the show.
Contrary to belief, nobody owes you anything!

Working Decoys Forum

Rappahannock
« on: March 15, 2014, 05:20:00 AM »

Offline george williams

Re: Rappahannock
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »
Man, i sure hope the volunteers have their running shoes on today. Best wishes to all who have some stool down there. ;D
so many carvers, so few decoy makers

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 08:05:37 AM »
X3 on good luck to competitors. 

Ol' Heck and the crew may need a week long nap after today... :D :D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline tom modin

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »
Good luck to all competitors. I hope the foam category has 100 plus entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decoy carving is not a point and click hobby

Offline RickC

Re: Re: Rappahannock
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
Best of luck to everyone there, enjoy!
Blessings,
Rick

Working Decoys Forum

Re: Re: Rappahannock
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »

Offline K. M. Point

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 10:55:30 AM »
I sent a foamer in. 

Good luck to everyone.
"Start with a good pattern and use it."  -Me
"No flat spots.  Make everything round."  -My Dad
Yes, I carve FOAM.

Offline benp

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:44:33 AM »
I sent a foamer too. Good luck to everyone else that sent any form of decoy.
Benjamin Pendleton
NE NC

Offline Rob James

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 12:11:47 PM »
Foam Table...

Youth Table...
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Offline benp

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »
Sweet cool seeing one of my birds on the table. Looks like I'm the only canvasback though
Benjamin Pendleton
NE NC

Offline Rob James

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »
UNOFFICIAL, but I've heard that Heck Rice  has won BOS in the canvas division. CONGRATULATIONS, Heck!
Also heard that Grayson Russell (spelling?) Has won the youth division w the Hoody pictured above. WAY TO GO, young Mr. Russell.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:56:50 PM by Rob James »
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »
All I can tell ya'll is I just got off the phone with Ronnie and they are all having too much fun for it to be a show.  Ronnie, Heck, Speer and Green should be ashamed of themselves for enjoying it that much  ;D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline george williams

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
DAYUM-Heck musta pulled out all the stops to finally dethrone scott. Glad he did a bos in the bouy division.Way to go, both Scotts
Man, Green left me hanging with a short message about the rappahannock division! ??? ;D
so many carvers, so few decoy makers

Offline Ronnie

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »
Very good show today. I hope somebody took a bunch of pics and gets to post them up here on the forum.
 There were a several BOS winners from this forum, which included Scott Green, Rob James, George Williams, Grayson Russell, Scott Russell, Heck Rice  and myself. If I missed someone I apologize.  
Dave Speer it was a pleasure meeting and judging with you, hope to see you next year.
A big thanks to Heck and William Bruce and the rest of the crew for doing a fine job. I will be back again for sure.  
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:23:18 PM by Ronnie »
Contrary to belief, nobody owes you anything!

Offline K. M. Point

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 10:55:36 PM »
Congrats to everyone who sent or took birds to the show!

Also, thank you to the volunteers!  I know that without them there wouldn't be a show.

I know it just happened and I'll find out eventually, but I am really curious to find out how this foamer did:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:59:09 AM by K. M. Point »
"Start with a good pattern and use it."  -Me
"No flat spots.  Make everything round."  -My Dad
Yes, I carve FOAM.

Offline Rob James

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 01:09:59 PM »
Very good show today. I hope somebody took a bunch of pics and gets to post them up here on the forum.
 There were a several BOS winners from this forum, which included Scott Green, Rob James, George Williams, Grayson Russell, Scott Russell, Heck Rice  and myself. If I missed someone I apologize. 
Dave Speer it was a pleasure meeting and judging with you, hope to see you next year.
A big thanks to Heck and William Bruce and the rest of the crew for doing a fine job. I will be back again for sure.   
Thank you, Ronnie, and Congrats to you as well. That Old squaw is PHENOMENAL!!!

I am really curious to find out how this foamer did
Mr. Point, I believe that your Scaup won species (two birds). It was then in the tank for Best of Divers (five birds). Best Diver was a James Richmond Goldeneye hen. A Ringneck was 2nd, and Richmond's Bufflehead won 3rd Best diver. That being said, Your bird was certainly one of the cleanest birds in the whole division (all foamers) in terms of everything excluding the paint. You did a LOT of things very well with this bird. Great head, good bill, nailed the over all profile, and the eyes look great. The paint (as mentioned in the other thread) is what let you down. Take note of the many suggestions you got on that other thread and integrate those things in to your next birds. What I'm saying is, this bird had the potential to not only win the Divers, but the WHOLE show. You did a fantastic job on many levels. Work on the paint, and I'm confident you'll start seeing your name at the top of many show results lists. Keep up the great work. I hope you can take what Ive told you and use it to your advantage rather than taking it personally.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:13:23 PM by Rob James »