Author Topic: YouTube video  (Read 2004 times)

Offline george williams

Re: YouTube video
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 08:51:45 PM »
james lamb free--Training your Retriever-a must read!-a short lead which can be unhooked quickly, even a camo box with a door-kennel carrier!! better safe than sorry.
so many carvers, so few decoy makers

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 08:51:45 PM »

Offline PJ Lommel

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 12:25:50 AM »
I have to say that I love the video!! Great job! Watching the excitement your daughter shows is thrilling.

And I also must agree with the steady dog comments. My preferred book is "Tri-tronics Retriever Training" by Jim and Phyllis Dobbs with Alice Woodyard. That is the book I suggest to everyone who buys a pup from me and anyone who is learning how to train their dog.

The big thing for any dog is obedience, obedience, and more obedience followed up with a big dollop of obedience.

Is that Johnny Cash music in the video?

PJ

PM me and we can talk dogs all night!!

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 12:25:50 AM »

Offline Dave Speer

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 08:40:41 AM »

Is that Johnny Cash music in the video?

That is Johnny Cash from his American Recordings series... 5 or 6 albums every one of them is STELLAR and haunting.

Offline Lloyd Heins

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys.  We'll see if I can get another one posted by the end of the season.  Thanks again.
The older I get, the better I was...

Offline DanielNicholson

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »
Great video, thanks for sharing.  A great way to make lifetime memories with your girls, good job.

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »

Offline Scott Klecka

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
Lloyd, just get a short leash and tie it to something in the blind.  that is what I am having to do with mine right now.  She was not "thrilled" with retrieving so we did not work on being steady, we were doing what we could to get her excited.  Now that hunting season is here it is a bit of an issue because she has decided that retrieving is fun and she will break (a REALLY bad idea in a boat).  There was no way I could work her through it and still hunt so I just put her on a 2.5 foot leash (she can move to laydown and sit and that is about it)  It is attached to the main console in the boat.  Yes it is a pain to have to unhook her but it is better than having her break.  this off season the goal is going to be being steady and whistle commands.   
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Offline Lloyd Heins

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 09:24:32 PM »
That's what I'm currently doing with my new pup Scott.  (short leash)  It's been working pretty good.  My daughters black lab is officially retired.  Other than the breaking issue, I'm glad you guys like it.  Thanks for the nice compliments. 
The older I get, the better I was...