Author Topic: another forum  (Read 3667 times)

Offline mike wilson

another forum
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:38:55 AM »
I clicked on a link in a old post from someone on here a few days ago- sent me to another forum called decoy carvers forum- so I registered and then it says I cant log-in until I am approved by mgmt.- that was three or four days ago-anybody else have this issue or do they just not like me! maybe it's like andy said to me earlier-they  try to limit the number of folks from the south! 

Working Decoys Forum

another forum
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:38:55 AM »

Offline Scott Klecka

Re: another forum
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »
Mike,

it most likely is just taking time.  Most people who run forums don't do it as a full time job and at this time of year people are busy with work, shopping, and hunting.  Setting up the forum so you have to get Admin approval limits the amount of spam on the site but it makes for a lot more work for the admin.  Give it a couple more days then see if you can contact the admin.
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »

Offline Keith43

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:47:48 AM »
I have also been unable to post a new thread, I can post on other threads started.

Offline mike wilson

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 12:50:40 PM »
yeah scott, I can definitely understand.i was just kinda joking around.  the people who run these things are not compensated I wouldn't think. they don't get enough praise for the job that they do. with that being said ,I will say thanks to you and the others who keep this thing up and running. I've only been a part of this for a short time but really enjoy the forum. I have learned a lot from being here and the people on here are more than willing to help out it seems.

thanks for all you do-
mike  <::><

Offline Keith43

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
Looks like I can now start threads :)

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »

Offline Willy McDonald

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »
It's hunting season and I know that the powers at DCF are very busy doing the things we love. Tom will get caught up.
Find us on Facebook.......

The Duck Blind

Offline mike wilson

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
don't blame them one bit for not letting it get in the way of hunting season- life is too short to miss too many sunrises!

mike  <::><

Andy H.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
I just signed up over at Decoy Carving Forum...got my confirmation in 20 minutes. Tell them you are from Michigan, Idaho, New York, Maine...one of those states...they respond quicker ;D ;D ;D

Offline mike wilson

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »
damn - I feel like Rodney Dangerfield!

Offline Scott Klecka

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
damn - I feel like Rodney Dangerfield!

Its alright, you can just stick around here.  Now, Andy on the other hand.......  ;D
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Andy H.

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 06:35:33 AM »
 Mike....just kidding about the DCF registration ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Matt D4

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 06:54:04 AM »
I just signed up over at Decoy Carving Forum...got my confirmation in 20 minutes. Tell them you are from Michigan, Idaho, New York, Maine...one of those states...they respond quicker ;D ;D ;D

No...it's because you are a BoS winner, "It's Where Champions Gather" remember? Us little guys don't fit in.
"Once you take yourself too seriously, the art will suffer" Maynard James Keenan

Offline Tom Matus

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
Hey Guys,

Ole Pally O' Mally, Rodeo Rob James talks me into posting over here and I kindah get a nice warm fuzzy without the KY when i show up... It's ok, I guess I deserve it for running a forum 14 yrs trying to help carvers.

Sorry I was late to the party on the enabling accounts over on DCF, reality of it has been: between hunting season, Company purchased with new intergration, Job travel, Elk, deer, Antelope and Wolf Hunting, Now its time to waterfowl, Keeping Rodeo Rob James covered in wood chips and flocking is a chore, Mentoring two new carvers with an NEA grant and Volunteered to help with Wounded Warrior project which was quite humbling all these takes up a huge amount of time. ( Photos added for Matt so he knows what I have been doing  since september.)

I do find it odd that there seems to be an underlynig tone when comparing the forums. FOR the record, back in 2000 when I was in college, all i wanted was a place for people to gather and discuss techniques on building decoys. It's coninuted to Morph over the years and take on it's own direction. I jsut pay for it out of MY POCKET with a few fund rasiser over the yeas which I am very thankful for. DCF is what it is and I am sure spawned many good freindships, relationships as well as trade a hunts, not to mention carving techniques and helpful hints.

I certainly wish the best to all those running this forum or any other forum talking waterfowl.  Cause I live to hunt and fish and it's a pbootyion.. 

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Tom Matus

I will attempt to be more punctual with enabling accounts on DCF in the future...

Offline Tom Matus

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »
few shots I can share to validate my time for Ole' Mat D4.... 

Chasin Elk with a Bow

Carrying my Canon around helps too...

This was one I wanted, but it never came off the private land...

Was lucky enough to harvest a goat with my muzzleloader too...

Was pleased with my Mule deer,  too....  300 Rem Ultra mag was dead on! 

Offline Tom Matus

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
A few waterfowling shots that take up my time...

Golden eye show up two weeks after the buffle heads...  so I have heard...  Barrows was a bonus!

Next day 60 miles away... the Golden eye followed me! heheheheh

Warm weather brough a few reisdent park ducks around...

Next day, took a new comer to waterfowling out and he had the time of his life!  Mallard Breast poppers....

More greenheads, Just for Rob James!

Warming up the layout boat for aole' Dirty steve to make it rain!

I had the chance to lay in a pod behind Steve for some action shots...

Pattern master choke stripes the shot cup! ( It just sounds odd when you say, I CAUGHT THE WAD IN THIS SHOT!)

Ole Vladimir Pendleton Running Tender!!!

Teaching a student to carve in the shop on my spare time...

Steves first rig bird....

Taking photos of Kyle getting out into the blind!  Wounded Warrior from Kentucky!  Great guy and he sure could shoot!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:00:38 PM by Tom Matus »