Author Topic: Earth  (Read 724 times)

Offline Scott Klecka

Earth
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »
OUT OF THE NEWS:
Earth could continue to host life for at least another 1.75 billion years, as long as nuclear holocaust, an errant asteroid or some other disaster doesn't intervene, a new study calculates.

But even without such dramatic doomsday scenarios, astronomical forces will eventually render the planet uninhabitable. Somewhere between 1.75 billion and 3.25 billion years from now, Earth will travel out of the solar system's habitable zone and into the "hot zone," new research indicates.

Guess I have time to finish a couple more decoys before then.......

The "real" question is how much did we pay for this little study? 
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Working Decoys Forum

Earth
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »

Offline benp

Re: Earth
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »
wonder how many of us will be alive to see that day.... besides by that time, Mars will be closer to earths orbit and then we will all move there. problem solved :D
Benjamin Pendleton
NE NC

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »
Thought it was only 30 years away from being too hot to inhabit a few years ago at the height of the global warming craze.  ::)   When I was in grammar school it was global cooling that was going to kill us all.

I say that useless study cost too much money and was a total waste...just like the money spent the 2 issues I listed above.

Guess we need to be careful with this or it could political REAL quick  :-X

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Offline D. Fisher

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »
Wonder what duck hunting will be like 100 years from now. Some sort of lazer gun that you can shoot at them with but it doesn't kill'em. You just tally it and go on???
Dan