Author Topic: "Scuttle Me Quick" takes maiden, shakedown, cruise. :)  (Read 780 times)

Offline D. Fisher

"Scuttle Me Quick" takes maiden, shakedown, cruise. :)
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:34:51 PM »
Took "Scuttle Me Quick" out for a shakedown float today. Started her last year and got shut down by cold weather. Finally got the bottom glbootyes and decided to float her. It's based on Hybrid plans.

Picked up a rider :)

Working Decoys Forum

"Scuttle Me Quick" takes maiden, shakedown, cruise. :)
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:34:51 PM »

Offline Dennis Quist

Re: "Scuttle Me Quick" takes maiden, shakedown, cruise. :)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 06:49:53 PM »
Looks like she works.  Nice job.

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 06:49:53 PM »

RickC

Re: Re: "Scuttle Me Quick" takes maiden, shakedown, cruise. :)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:13:29 PM »
Finally! Nice going Dan, you're going to slay some ducks with that boat. You're going to be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to hide it.

Offline larry A

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »
Dan, is the deck the 5/32" thick plywood? I build a little runabout using real thin plywood that resembled your boat, but not for hunting. Only mine had a motor board on the stern. I used a five horse on it and it would fly around the creek. ;D
Larry

Offline D. Fisher

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 11:52:16 PM »
Mine is all 1/4" stock except for the bracing and cockpit which is 1x. Yeah, I was just telling Rick that it doesn't paddle bad, but I'd hate to paddle far in it. I bet a five HP would make her fly. I got a 6 HP Merc here at the house but I'm afraid it'd be to heavy with me and the dog in the boat. As you can see Larry, neither of us have missed many meals ;)
Dan

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 11:52:16 PM »

Offline larry A

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:10:41 AM »
Dan, is the deck the 5/32" thick plywood? I build a little runabout using real thin plywood that resembled your boat, but not for hunting. Only mine had a motor board on the stern. I used a five horse on it and it would fly around the creek. ;D
Larry
Dan, this plan is like that the little plywood boat. You can see the resemblance.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/recreation/boating/1277141

Offline D. Fisher

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
That's a slick looking boat. I saw something like that on You Tube. A kid in a shop clbooty built it and they were testing it. Thing flew. If you go to http://www.hybridduckboat.com/files/ there are several models of this boat I built. Rick C. Has one as well, only his looks nicer than mine does. They have plans for a model that will take a motor. Also lots of You Tube footage of Hybrid boats being run. Check it out.
Dan