Author Topic: Let's see your bag/harvest photos...  (Read 39836 times)

Offline Ryan S.

Re: Let's see your bag/harvest photos...
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »
Is that a limit on the back of an oldsmobile?

That's my Olds Cootlbooty  ;D  It has saved me an incredible amount of money in gas this season. I put a hitch on it to pull my little trailer with the skiff or layout. Even for goose hunting, I run about 8 dozen silo's so all that gear fits as well. Only drawback is that is smells bad, really bad. Think marsh mud smell mixed with fart and stale old spilled coffee.   

Notice the Coot bumper sticker ;D It says "COOT  Its whats for dinner"

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »

Offline DJHill

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
I really want one of those bumper stickers :)
"...The other one has a rattle snake with a simple statement made...don't tread on me, is what it says, and I'll take that to my grave..."

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »

Offline Ryan S.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
I really want one of those bumper stickers :)

I made a run of 10 and they went fast with guys I hunted with this year. If I make another run I will let you know.

Offline DJHill

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »
Thanks Ryan I'd def. scoop one up...here is a mixed bag I was fortunate enough to be a part of taking on Thanksgiving morning with some great friends
"...The other one has a rattle snake with a simple statement made...don't tread on me, is what it says, and I'll take that to my grave..."

Offline Scott Klecka

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
Ryan, I want one if you have some more made. 

Here is some of the birds from last weekend.  It is not a stack, but there is one happy little man in the photo with them and that is all that matters.

I actually hurt our chances of stacking birds up by refusing to fight the crowds. 
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »

Offline Ryan S.

Re: Re: Let's see your bag/harvest photos...
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 01:35:33 PM »
Sounds like demand is high. I am going to make some more and will let you fellas know when they are done.

I also made some with a picture of a Shoveler and wrote "save a mallard, shoot a spoony"

:D:D

Offline Rob James

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »
but there is one happy little man in the photo with them
Definitely what it's all about, right there...just look at the grin on his face...NOTHING better!

Great stuff, fellas...ya all got me drool'n. Keep em coming  ;)
Sign me up for 2 "Coot" stickers, Ryan  ;D
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Offline Luke Costilow

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »
Coooooooooooots..... slurp  ;)
GOTTA LOVE ME SOME COOTS! I would be interested in a coot sticker too haha

6 man limit of mallards and a bonus wigeon. Good times with good family and friends!

My new toy this season has been a Contour Camera I wear on my head and film my hunts! I dont wear it as much as I should be... but it is getting some cool film :D

Nice shoots every one, keep it up!

Offline Lloyd Heins

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 12:15:45 AM »
I took 2 very good friends of mine out last Sunday afternoon for a Brant hunt.  It would be our last chance to get out and case Brant this season.  It took us longer to set up and take down than it did to shoot limits.  An awesome day with friends.  My buddy on the right shot his first Brant and we were very happy to be a part of it.   ;D

The older I get, the better I was...

Offline Rob James

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:39 AM »
VERY COOL, Lloyd!!! There's something about Pacific Blackie's that really trip my trigger. I love the crab pots in the boat too...I'll bet you use those for your long line anchors  ;)
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Offline BobF

Re: Re: Let's see your bag/harvest photos...
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 08:18:01 PM »
I only have pics from this season thanks to a SD card dying before I would download others.

First is from our second split opener...Canada and a hen woodie

Next is from this past weekend...mallard limit and a hen GWT.

Last 2 are my sons.  He came home on break from school and got 2 bands in 2 days.  Kicker is they were both banded in the same place on the same day.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »
Lil Woodrow action this morning.

Offline Jeremy Richards

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »
I'll probably never be so happy with such an ugly bird again! I haven't shot a merganser in probably a decade, but got the itch to take my new pup after some on an old river haunt I used to frequent back in the day, so I made this merganser decoy and floated him for the first time on Saturday. There weren't many lawn darts around because it was still so warm around here, but I managed to break in the decoy with at least one bird. That was a nice highlight, as well as my dogs last retrieve of the day, which was a solid hundred yard mark on the river, which she NAILED! I was a proud hunting partner after that one!

Another highlight (or lowlight depending on how you look at it!!!) was I had a pair of hooded mergansers come in, which I have never shot before, and I didn't get a shot off. They landed about 10 yards from me, but on the other side of a low-hanging tree, so I couldn't shoot through all the branches.
Oh well, still cool to see.

Offline Patrick A.

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 01:56:32 AM »
Nice Jeremy!!! Do share some Ute secrets!!!  ;)

Offline joshboro

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
We just did a mergy hunt today for my buddies pup. Still a fun shoot. Heres a pic from last week, a layout shoot in the fog where you would loose the end of the diver line, and a late November Ohio woodie