Author Topic: Let's see your bag/harvest photos...  (Read 39841 times)

Offline Rob James

Let's see your bag/harvest photos...
« on: October 30, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »
David K. started a thread like this last year(http://workingdecoys.net/workingdecoysforum/index.php?topic=3321.0), and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what the rest of you are doing around the country. It's that time of year again, so I thought it might be fun to get it rolling again this year. I've only been out a couple of times so far, but I'll get us started.
Had a couple of friends come up from Utah to target Wood Ducks a couple of weeks ago, and they found their share...

Last week, another good friend from out of state along w/ his son, and one of my regular gunning Podna's. They were also able to get their wood duck fix, but it wasn't really good until the day following that this photo was taken....

"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Working Decoys Forum

Let's see your bag/harvest photos...
« on: October 30, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »

Offline Jeremy Richards

Re: Let's see your bag/harvest photos...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »
I haven't shot a ton this year, but had a fun one the other day. Went out with a carving friend of mine to a new area, and setup for divers. I got to float 9 cans I made some time back, and hadn't hunted over yet, and they worked great. The divers cooperated, and we shot cans, reds, bills, buffies, and ruddies, and my buddy shot a bonus swan.(his first)

Here is the decoys.

Here is some  of my pup Maggie standing over some of her retrieves for the day (sorry about the bad cell phone pics and ugly pile of wet birds)

Here is my buddies first swan.

Another pic of Mags. She is really starting to grow up a bit, watching the sky and figuring things out on her own. There is only so much you can train...

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »

Offline D. Fisher

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
Good eatin' bird, those swans.
Nice lookin' dog and dekes, too.
Dan

Offline Andrew Gregson

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »
Really like those Cans you made. Beautiful dekes

Offline marty m.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:39:23 PM »
nice pics guys,  hopefully i will remember to take some pics the next time out lol, went out for pheasant last two weeks, now its duck huntin the rest of the season.
The day i hate waterfowl hunting will be the day I die.

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:39:23 PM »

killerv

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »
Not duck season in Ga yet...all about the clean kills though...more meat for the freezer!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:55:31 AM by Matt D4 »

Offline marty m.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »
dang Matt how many grains did you use on that deer 180 grains with a 300 mag? or was it just the angle that caught it all out the back. nice shot regardless, nice hog too

Offline Rob James

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 11:01:09 PM »
You GA  boys don't mess around....ain't no wonder everybody is scared of ya  ;)
Nice piece of shooting right there!!!
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

killerv

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 09:59:36 AM »
I deleted the pic, don't want to offend anyone or any deer that may come online. Marty, that was 165gr btsp out of 308, ground level, 20 yards, deer facing straight on. She came running in to a bleat-n-heat can. I'm no sniper by any means but I do get some shooting in each year and very familiar with my equipment and feel fine taking a head shot at a short distance. You should have seen the one from a couple seasons ago, 7 yards with a 130gr ballistic tip. Sure makes field dressing easier when the insides aren't so tore up.

Offline marty m.

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
real nice Matt and thx for the info

Offline Lloyd Heins

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »
Waterfowl hunting for us in N. CA has been outstanding.  I start with Brant next Wednesday and am hoping for a south wind to hold em. 

The older I get, the better I was...

Offline marty m.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 08:30:58 AM »
awesome loyd, i see some bling on the one greenhead, nicely done ;D

Offline Rob James

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »
Lloyd, I'm sooooo jealous. That Red your daughter shot looks like a real Booner...especially for this time of year. Congrats on the Bling too ;) I can't wait to see how the Brant season shakes out for you. Good luck, shoot straight, and stay safe!

Offline Jeremy Richards

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »
So my streak continues over my canvasback decoys. I have floated them 3 times, and killed cans over them all 3 times. To put this into perspective, I killed my first canvasback last season after 15 years worth of hunting, so needless to say, I am happy to be getting into them this year! Also cooked a big breakfast in my boat blind for the first time, and I think I am a changed man. There is something special about hot biscuits & gravy with scrambled eggs sitting in a snowy clump of cattails!

Offline Rob James

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »
DAYUM!!! I don't know what looks better...the Can's or the Groceries. I love BOTH! Tough choice right there! Good looking birds, bud. Congrats on a dandy shoot! 8)