Author Topic: "Storm" damaged decoy.  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Brandon Yuchasz

"Storm" damaged decoy.
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »
We have a nine week old pup running around out place by the name of Storm and he is starting to live up to his name. 

Thought you guys would like to see his newest pictures. 

Working Decoys Forum

"Storm" damaged decoy.
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »

Offline Taver

Re: "Storm" damaged decoy.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »
He looks like "What did I do?" Oh well, this winter hopefully dog and decoy will be in the water doing their jobs none the worse for the wear and you'll look back at these pics with a big smile. 
A grinder and paint makes a welder what he ain't

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »

Offline Andre' B.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 02:44:25 AM »
Make sure you don't have decoys around when your pup starts teething... you will have a pile of wood pulp instead of a perrty merganser ;) :D

Offline pat bearden

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:57 AM »
That would get a pop on the nose for sure. Good lookin pup

Offline Dave Speer

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »
Those are great pictures :D

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »

Offline Brandon Yuchasz

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
That hen and the drake Merganser are for my walk in back pack for beaver pond hunting. Once the season progresses a bit I plan to swap out the two woodies for the hoodies. I have had them done for a while and had them in the house to get weights and leather loops. The kids were helping us clean up and asked where to put them. I told them they could put them on the floor since the puppy was not out. I knew better but oh well the kids even questioned my wisdom at the time.

I don't take it to serious. They were a simple paint job designed to be practical hunting stools and worse things will happen through out the years of use in the ponds. If it were one of the woodies I am working on for that rig or one of the blacks I completed a while back It would have hurt more. Those have lots more hours into the paint.   ;)

Ten years down the road when he is approaching the end of his career and those same decoys are still in the backpack I am sure it will bring a smile to my face and a sense of melancholy to my heart.

Offline D. Hinton

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:34:54 PM »
I had my pup do that to one of my wood ducks. (sorta). I had a finished wood duck head sitting on the table and he knocked it off with his tail. Being the good retriever he is....he brought it to me with teeth marks and all. Decided to leave them in there as "his" decoy

Offline DougC

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 02:07:38 PM »
Hey, at least you know he's birdy.  haha  Great looking pup there man.

Offline mwatts

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34:55 AM »
Good lookin' pup. Glad mine is through that phase.... One of the most trying times as an owner.