Author Topic: I'm so happy  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Tom Wood

I'm so happy
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »
Got a new bandsaw blade and it cuts like butta... ;D

Working Decoys Forum

I'm so happy
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:32:58 PM »

killerv

Re: I'm so happy
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »
I'm happy at times too Tom

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »

Offline Brandon Yuchasz

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »
Tom,
I can top that. I put a new bandsaw blade on the other day. Cut out two heads and then a body. When I got to the next body I cut right through a screw that was holding it together and ruined that new blade.  >:(

I had to put another new blade on so I win!  ;D

Offline Tom Wood

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:30:49 PM »
It is like night and day. I had a couple of blades here but a brand new one makes cutting heads so much faster. Not to mention that I adjusted and lubed everything. I love it when my tools work like new...

Offline Tom Wood

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »
Oh BTW did I mention how happy I was.....

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »

Offline Taver

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »
I put on a new Wolverine blade, loved it. Hit screw as well, didn't love it. Wife says "the place that sharpens our chopper blades makes band saw blades, I'll get you one tomorrow" I says "get 2". She does and they cut even better and were only 6.00 each!!!!!! Life gets better if you keep chipping away at it I guess.
A grinder and paint makes a welder what he ain't

Offline CaleG

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:16:56 AM »
I put on a new Wolverine blade, loved it. Hit screw as well, didn't love it. Wife says "the place that sharpens our chopper blades makes band saw blades, I'll get you one tomorrow" I says "get 2". She does and they cut even better and were only 6.00 each!!!!!! Life gets better if you keep chipping away at it I guess.

I found a local saw shop that will sale them to me for $8.00 each for my 105" saw, whatever width etc I want.  They will also sharpen mine and or straighten them in some cases.  Also got a friend with a smaller saw so when I bend one out of repair they can cut it down so that I can sale it to him for the cost of a new one for myself.  ;D
Cale Giddens

Prodigy Boats Pro Staff
Wire Grbooty Custom Calls Field Staff

cale@prodigyboats.com

www.prodigyboats.com