Author Topic: Service...  (Read 825 times)

Offline TedE

Service...
« on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with waterfowl, decoys, hunting or anything generally bootyociated with what goes on here.  I need to vent a little though so please bear with me...

Just got off the phone trying to make an appointment with my dentist.  It was 9:05 Friday morning while I was listening to the recording tell me "We're sorry but the office is not open...  our hours are... Mon. thru Wed. and eight to four Thursday and Friday..." And this was after I tried calling two days ago at ten AM and didn't get any answer at all. 

To make matters worse I had just gotten off the phone with the company who handles my on-line banking "bill pay" account.  Seems they're unable to make my wife's credit card payment due to an invalid number.  Problem is I've had this bill pay account since 2006.  My wife's CC account was the first payment I set up with them and nothing has changed with her account.  Same address, same number, same everything they've been using every month to make payments for three years yet the kind customer service lady insisted it was something I need to fix!  When she began to raise her voice I decided to hang up rather than get nasty. How do companies like this stay in business?

Well fellas, these are but two expiriences that put the following I just received from a buddy into perspective.  I think he's nailed it.  See if you agree.

I?ve always been confused when I heard the word 'service'  used with government agencies like.

Internal Revenue  'Service'
Postal  'Service'
Telephone 'Service'
Cable TV 'Service' 
Civil  'Service'
State, City, County & Public 'Service'
Customer 'Service'

This is not what I  thought 'service' meant.

But last weekend when we were at (personal name removed), branding I overheard someone say they had hired a bull to 'service' a few cows.

BAM!!!  It, all of a sudden became perfectly clear.  Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.   

Has your government provided you service lately?

Americana? Why spent shot is better off then I on the bottom of the Chesapeake. And that is where I'd rather be,water-logged and bound in tendrils of wild celry...
From Americana by Joel Barber

Working Decoys Forum

Service...
« on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »

killerv

Re: Service...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
they've "Serviced" me with a few furlough days...better than the alternative I guess. That to go along with it our county, city , and local BOE taxes that went up.

It seems something is always somone else's job these days. Good service, even in the private sector is hard to find, at least in my neck of the woods. I don't mind paying a little extra for something if I know the service is gonna be top notch.

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »

Offline DWill

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »
It seems something is always somone else's job these days. Good service, even in the private sector is hard to find, at least in my neck of the woods. I don't mind paying a little extra for something if I know the service is gonna be top notch.

Amen to that.