Author Topic: Finally finishing some projects...  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Ryan S.

Finally finishing some projects...
« on: January 29, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »
I finally got some time get back to working on some decoys and figured I should start by finishing some projects I started. :-[

I want to first thank Tom Rowe for selling me a few of his molded Bluebill sleepers. I have had these for a while and just never got them painted. I am currently trying to complete a full Goldeneye rig and thought I would try and paint one of these as a GE. I think it turned out pretty good, can't wait to see it on the water. I just have a few touch ups to do on it(including taming down some of the shine on the head) and it will be ready. The other 2 I have I may try a hen and an immature drake.

Here is a few other things I have been finishing up...

-The high head GE on the left(cedar) I had to repaint some areas on it due to some staining ??? and had to keel it... its finally ready for action.
-The Oldsquaw (cork)I had painted 2 different ways on each side and couldn't decide which one I liked better. I finally settled on one and completed it.
-The GE on the right (black cork) I bought several years ago and decided to fix it up a bit and repaint. It had a tail, which I removed and fixed/filled some bad areas with epoxy sculpt. A few paint touch ups and it will be ready.
-The GWT(cedar) I have had sitting on my paint bench forever and decided I better finally finish it. I just couldn't get the breast area to look/flow how I wanted it. Still not 100% satisfied with it but am glad I got it done.

I have a few other unfinished projects to complete and then will be back to carving, can't wait.  ;D

Working Decoys Forum

Finally finishing some projects...
« on: January 29, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »

Offline Tom Rowe

Re: Finally finishing some projects...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »
Wow!  Those turned out great.  The paint looks awesome!!!!!!

Working Decoys Forum

Re: Finally finishing some projects...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »