Author Topic: Well... I finally did it.  (Read 869 times)

Offline Jacob Carlson

Well... I finally did it.
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »
I sold ALL my plastic duck decoys (except my bilge pump butts) this afternoon.  And gave away two of the foamers I carved last year with them...
Going to start carving in earnest again next week!  It's been a long winter.
- Jacob

Working Decoys Forum

Well... I finally did it.
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »

Offline Brandon Yuchasz

Re: Well... I finally did it.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:07:23 PM »
Now that is a great thing!

My Puddle duck rig is all plastic but that may change in the near future. My diver rig has not plastic in it as any good diver rig should not. Lots of Herters and a growing flock of cedar and cork decoys as well in that rig.

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:07:23 PM »

Offline Jacob Carlson

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »
I even got rid of my "early season" teal and woodie decoys.  Four dozen + 1 in all.  And last year I sold about the same amount.  I looked in my garage and couldn't believe I had collected SO MANY decoys in the past 3-4 years.  And for what?  I never used the darn things.  Last season I only used the rig of nine that I got finished before the season.  Got my Wecheer ready to go, the workshop all cleaned up, and my foam pile organized.  It's time to make some dust!
- Jacob

Offline Brandon Yuchasz

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »
I think a lot of us are jealous of you. If I can replace my walk in decoys with hollowed cedar ( 2 mallards 3 woodies) and can get a nice buffy rig finished before season I will feel like I have gotten somewhere. Then I can tackle replacing my larger puddle rig.

Offline AndrewL

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
I am slowly getting there.  I have very few plastic divers left, I dont think Ill ever get rid of my plastic puddlers.  Just way to easy to carry 2 dozen plastic water keels anywhere.  Have a few old Herters but my diver spread will be mostly my doing this year and by next year my diver rig should be all foam

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »

Offline Jacob Carlson

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 11:43:43 PM »
It's also helpful in forcing me to use smaller spreads... a goal I've had for a few seasons and was hesitant to do.
- Jacob