Author Topic: Whats on your Workbench  (Read 623 times)

Offline Alex Levitov

Re: Whats on your Workbench
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »
Yeah I am using a 8lb two part foam and burlapping right now.  I’ll post pics soon

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »

Offline Alex Levitov

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 10:48:49 PM »
First coat.  Sand, burn the loose ends and will do another coat:  paint by April lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 10:48:49 PM »

Offline Jeff Fenerty

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 01:34:07 PM »
Looks like you burlapped the heads ?
?The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasums, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their

Offline Alex Levitov

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »
I did on these, I am playing around with what I like.  I am used to making wood heads and I am concerned that the foam won’t take much of a beating.  So I’ll burlap a couple and apoxie sculpt a couple and see what I like.  I fully intend to abuse the ever living **** out of these decoys in cold big water, so weight is not my issue. 

Offline Alex Levitov

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »
Should I not burlap the heads?  Someone with experience on two part mold wanna chime in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »

Offline Matt Gau

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 08:32:10 AM »
 That’s the joy of carving your own decoys. You can do what you want. It’s not about what other people think you should do.
Matt Gau
Grumpy Decoys
m-gau@hotmail.com

Offline Jeff Fenerty

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 08:45:13 AM »
Alex that was not a criticism, more a question. Before they used to sell high density heads on here and I have heard folks using wood for heads. Just trying to learn more about folks processes. That would certainly toughen them up, just thought that would make painting a bit harder.
?The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasums, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their

Offline Matt Gau

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »
Goldeneye hen completed.

Last one for a while. The hunt for a 14”bandsaw continues.
Matt Gau
Grumpy Decoys
m-gau@hotmail.com