Author Topic: Best Layout blind for big guys.  (Read 253 times)

Offline Jeff Fenerty

Best Layout blind for big guys.
« on: January 19, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
I am 6 foot 7 inches and 280lbs. Can anyone recommend a layout blind for goose and field hunting? I am considering making my own. I have a big roll of boat canvas.
?The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasums, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their

Working Decoys Forum

Best Layout blind for big guys.
« on: January 19, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »

Offline Admin

Re: Best Layout blind for big guys.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »
I love my oder Final Approach Top Guns my self. Plenty of room in them. and waterproof to 6 inches deep If I remember right

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:33:41 PM »

Offline Matt Gau

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 02:58:29 PM »
The key seems to be getting he most low profile method you can. We have all but eliminated layout blinds from our field set ups and have gone to leaner boards and blankets or using blind bags as pillows and laying on the ground. Covering yourself with burlap blankets with as much field stubble as you can possibly get on there. Even better if you can set up between the furrows.

Geese are wise to layout blinds.

Skybusters and bad concealment educate a lot of animals. They know what to look for.
Matt Gau
Grumpy Decoys
m-gau@hotmail.com

Offline Jeff Fenerty

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 02:36:29 PM »
Yes the best hunts I have had were laying in the ditches where they can't see you until they are on top of you. I have a hard time sitting up fast enough to get a shot off before my crew dumps them.  :P
?The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasums, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their