Join WorkingDecoys.Net

Author Topic: "Cigar Daisey"  (Read 370 times)

"Cigar Daisey"
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:56 PM »

It is with sadness that I convey the death of Delbert "Cigar" Daisey. A true icon in the world of decoys. He was a colorful character and a and a great carver of many decoys. He was a true friend and will be greatly missed
Yellowdogdecoys

Working Decoys Forum

"Cigar Daisey"
« on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:56 PM »

Offline BoBB

Re: "Cigar Daisey"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:47:06 PM »
Sorry to hear, Heck
Didn't know him, but did read and hear about him, interesting man
Everyday is a great day!

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:47:06 PM »

Offline Matt Gau

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that. I have never met the man, but I know the name.
Matt Gau
Grumpy Decoys
m-gau@hotmail.com

Offline Vince Pagliaroli

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »
He was one of a kind, and his large body of work will live on. Maybe Bush Beer in heaven... May he rest in peace.

Offline Scott Russell

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »
Very sorry to hear that. 

One of the most gracious carvers I've had the pleasure to meet and talk with.   A wealth of knowledge.

He will be greatly missed.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Socrates

Working Decoys Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »

Offline KeithH

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 10:59:51 AM »
He was a character and fun to talk with. I sat with him a good bit at the Worlds and enjoyed listening to his stories. Knew one of his nephews that was getting into carving and I told him time and again to bug Cigar into letting him copy some of his patterns to keep them going in the family...plus he needed some good patterns to start with! Hopefully the carving world will do his shop and work justice and not let  them fall to the elements.
...just a drop of water in an endless sea

Offline Jeff Fenerty

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »
Saw his video about a month prior to his pbootying. Amazing legacy, and quite a character to boot. I am trying to learn as much as I can about the "old Ways" to try and carry on for these guys, although I am in my 50"s.
I took a clbooty in NJ and it had several 20ish guys in it and the teacher was young, Jode Hillman. I am not too worried about the the tradition but definitely need to promote it.
Kids need to be shown whats out there, I grew up on the Jersey shore in the summers but never knew I was in middle of Decoy Carvers paradise. Now I'm in West Virginia and wish I was back there.
?The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly; who know the great enthusiasums, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who at best know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly, so that their