Author Topic: Rappahannock Decoy Carvers and Collectors Guild raffle…  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Scott Klecka

• Administrator
    • WorkingDecoys.Net
Rappahannock Decoy Carvers and Collectors Guild raffle…
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »
The Rappahannock Decoy Carvers And Collectors Guild, annually produce a Carving Competition that runs in conjunction with the Rappahannock River Waterfowl Show. All show admission proceeds benefit the local Fire Department and Children are admitted free of charge. Operating expenses for events like this can get high. Awards alone often cost the relatively small Guild over $500 per year. In an effort to help raise funds that will help absorb some of the overhead, The RDCACG will be raffling off this life sized Tundra Swan decoy. The decoy was carved from foam and then burlapped. It features a fully flocked finish, a detailed bill, glass eyes, and a weighted maple keel. It measures 30” long from breast to tail and is 18” tall (including the keel). The decoy was made by Rob James, and recently finished 2nd BIS of Foam at the 2013 Rappahannock River Show. Raffle tickets cost $5.00 each or 5 tickets for $20.00. The raffle drawing will be held August 11 at the Virginia Outdoor Sportsman Show in Richmond Virginia. The winner need not be present to win. If you wish to take the opportunity to support a great group of folks and possibly add this decoy to your collection or rig, you can purchase raffle tickets using the PayPal link below. Thanks for you’re your support, and good luck!

Quantiy Desired
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:34:19 AM by Scott Klecka »
I'm not a great carver but I play one on the internet.  :)

Offline Dave Speer

• Global Moderator
    • Trash on the Fly
Re: Rappahannock Decoy Carvers and Collectors Guild raffle…
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 07:56:49 PM »
bump :D

just got mine.  Had to wait for my "May Money" but it came in the mail ;)

Offline Rob James

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »
Only three weeks until the big drawing...
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Offline Rob James

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »
The drawing will be held this Sunday. I'll get the name of the lucky winner posted early next week!
"When you don't know what you're doing it's best to do it quickly" - Jase Robertson

Offline Dave Speer

• Global Moderator
    • Trash on the Fly
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:05:46 AM »
Shoot, just happy to help out... Of course I am planning on buying a preference point for a Utah swan hunt this year, so .... :)

Offline Dennis Quist

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
Must have been fate, Dave.  Congrats on the win.